Over the past week there is huge change in paradigm in the treatment options for
COVID-19. And one such treatment that got my attention is NITRIC OXIDE. And do you
know humans have the ability to produce this nitric oxide naturally? .
We all know the basic precaution now., we can take to stay safe through this pandemic
COVID -19, to wash our hand, stay indoors and maintain respiratory hygiene and to build
up immunity. .
But did you know that the base of respiratory hygiene and immunity starts from nasal
Am a preventive pediatric dentist trained in OROFACIAL MYOFUNCTIONAL THERAPY,
and I have observed over a decade that most kids unknowingly end up mouth breathing,
though a lot of times we have mentioned that mouth breathing lead to crooked teeth,
cavities, sleep issues and frequent respiratory infections.
But Did you know IF CORRECTED and NASAL BREATHING IS PRACTICED it can help
you during this pandemic? .
. Nitric oxide has many benefits . research has proven that. However we are picking the
ones that’s important in COVID pandemic below: .
- Nasal breathing helps in secretion of NO – nitric oxide in our nose and airway passage,
from the sinuses
- NITRIC OXIDE has a potent antiviral effect , studies earlier have shown that this has
deleterious effects on viruses including CORONA ( studies in the 2003 SARS outbreak ) .
- Nitric oxide can kill the virus and give a cure as soon as the virus enters the nose .
- Nitric oxide secretion can be the first line of treatment for natural defense
- Nitric oxide increases your IMMUNITY NATURALLY and reduces body inflammation. .
This means the first step of defense , starts with proper breathing, with nasal breathing.
The first step in respiratory hygiene is establishing nasal breathing. Yes eating healthy and
vit D , A , C are also needed. .
Its important to #stayhome and let’s start building immunity simple by breathing exercises.
You can follow the below exercise (swipe left to watch the exercise) which has helped
many of our mothers tremendously to establish NASAL BREATHING, or can watch this
space for future tutorials to know more.